• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Misc 1# Powders For Sale (RL16, IMR4350, Super, 4831)

You wonder why it's so hard in California. Here an example: This came from the Francisco Newspaper:
To all you hunters who kill animals for food, shame on you: you ougth to go to the store and buy the meat that was made there, where no animals were harmed. FOLKS, just remember as you read this, this person probably drives, votes, and may have already reproduced.

It's sad the current state of ammo and supplies. I'm grateful to have a comfortable amount but always am looking for more at decent prices which are still around but not the norm. And then, there is California. Good luck and from the tone of your messages I believe you are being honest and trying to help others. This is a great community of great people with endless amount of experienced and expertise advice. Thanks

Anybody that pays ridiculous sums of money for powder deserves what they get.
I have actually reached out to Hodgdon / IMR and they assured me that by May, powder will be back on the shelves.
Will it be priced as low as we are used to ?
Maybe not, but it is not going to be anywhere near the insane prices people are willing to pay.
What they've done is essentially signaled the manufacturers that they can charge much more and we'd pay for it.
I'd let those sellers sit on their powder and send tissues to all those who paid through the nose when everything gets back to where it was.
Me ? I always stay stocked up so I didn't have to go through the pain of paying exorbitant prices.
If it hasn't come across that I can't stand price gouging, I'll say it here: I can't stand price gouging.

Just put in where company there isn't any price gouging, and wait. Some companies will allow you to post a wish list. Update from time to time, and items will show up as they come in. I gotten case in several different calibers here over the pas several months. So It's a waiting game. It will come,unless biden screws thing up really hard.

I have a number of misc 1# powders for sale. Still sealed. They are located in San Jose CA. Would prefer local pick up, but will look into shipping (buyers expense).

1# - Superformance
1# - RL16
4# - IMR 4350
1# - 4831

Asking $125/ea or best offer. I just bought powder of gunbroker as I couldn't get my hands on any online. I know what they are going for and that is pretty fair to not be in a bidding war...
That's just plain ridiculous
Why don't you just ask anyone interested to bend over. That's just trying to screw other good people over.

It's sad the current state of ammo and supplies. I'm grateful to have a comfortable amount but always am looking for more at decent prices which are still around but not the norm. And then, there is California. Good luck and from the tone of your messages I believe you are being honest and trying to help others. This is a great community of great people with endless amount of experienced and expertise advice. Thanks
Yep, I'm one of the idiots that got fed up and paid out my back side to get what I wanted, was trying to part with some other misc that don't work that well in my rifles and recoup a portion of it and getting crucified online for it. Wish I knew how to delete thread, but guess I'll just be the punching bag

Maybe I'm getting old or am just a little thick, but why would you buy the powder at those ridiculous prices if you didn't need it and didn't work well with your loads??
I can understand buying something u need, and selling part of it to recoup the expense....but it makes no sense how u came into possession of the powder in the first place. I apologize if I'm missing something.
I got into this thread late, but have to point out that if folks would refuse to pay those prices the insanity would stop.

Maybe I'm getting old or am just a little thick, but why would you buy the powder at those ridiculous prices if you didn't need it and didn't work well with your loads??
I can understand buying something u need, and selling part of it to recoup the expense....but it makes no sense how u came into possession of the powder in the first place. I apologize if I'm missing something.
I got into this thread late, but have to point out that if folks would refuse to pay those prices the insanity would stop.
You have got that right!!! Don't play there game. There is things I want, but I will watch and get it sometime down the line.

Let's stop criticizing prices others post. It's not polite and not acceptable here on LRH.

Times are very hard for gun owners and if you aren't willing to pay the current going prices for listed items then it's quite simple. Don't buy them.

Consider this.... Prices may be way higher in another month or two. You and I may be thrilled to buy at today's prices two months from now when it's too late.

Yep, I'm one of the idiots that got fed up and paid out my back side to get what I wanted, was trying to part with some other misc that don't work that well in my rifles and recoup a portion of it and getting crucified online for it. Wish I knew how to delete thread, but guess I'll just be the punching bag
Don't worry about it. I'm confident each one of us has tripped. There are no stones in my hand and shouldn't be in anyone else's hands. Burn that powder!

Let's stop criticizing prices others post. It's not polite and not acceptable here on LRH.

Times are very hard for gun owners and if you aren't willing to pay the current going prices for listed items then it's quite simple. Don't buy them.

Consider this.... Prices may be way higher in another month or two. You and I may be thrilled to buy at today's prices two months from now when it's too late.
Good point and I think we are all pretty close to cut from the same cloth. I know I've gotten nothing but great advice and support from my time as a member of this group.

Don't worry about it. I'm confident each one of us has tripped. There are no stones in my hand and shouldn't be in anyone else's hands. Burn that powder!
I can confirm tripping for sure.....all my son wanted for Xmas was a PlayStation 5. There were none to be found. They intro'd them and produced about 10% of the demand. So I ended up meeting some 19-20 yr old "gamer" and paying exactly twice the cost. Sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail...

No one is criticizing, what the OP doesn't realize is that this post will follow him forever on this site and his reputation is shot no matter what he does from here on out

Anybody that pays ridiculous sums of money for powder deserves what they get.
I have actually reached out to Hodgdon / IMR and they assured me that by May, powder will be back on the shelves.
Will it be priced as low as we are used to ?
Maybe not, but it is not going to be anywhere near the insane prices people are willing to pay.
What they've done is essentially signaled the manufacturers that they can charge much more and we'd pay for it.
I'd let those sellers sit on their powder and send tissues to all those who paid through the nose when everything gets back to where it was.
Me ? I always stay stocked up so I didn't have to go through the pain of paying exorbitant prices.
If it hasn't come across that I can't stand price gouging, I'll say it here: I can't stand price gouging.
Yeah it's going to happen it does time and time again stock up some before it gets bad