minox ZA5 3x15

I have 2 of these. One on a 280ai and the other on a TC Encore 25-06.......to me they are hard to beat for the $$......

Never really paid any attention to these. I am liking the looks of the 6-30x56 though. 30mm tube is a nice touch. I wonder what kind of turrets might be available for it? If they added a Illum. model, that would be even better. Nice price range as well.

Hey guys, I'm a pretty new member but i've read plenty on the forum. I just bought a built 6.5 gibbs on a 98 mauser and the guy suggested a minox za5 for it. He claimed they have the same glass as a $2500 zeiss for the $600 range. I'm looking at a 4-20 but I have not found much for good info. From what I've read the glass is really good but the tube had some early issues that I think they got straightened out. My biggest question is the turrets and the reticle. Are the turrets solid, easily field adjustable and do they have a zero stop system? The reticle that I think I want is the bdc because it has the range adjustable marks that I'm sure won't fit my rifle but i can adjust my range to fit them but they don't have as many marks as I would like. I think my favorite would be just a simple mildot.

You can remove the turrets and set them to zero,They track pretty well.I really like the BDC reticle.Sight in and shoot to see where they hit for you and then also have the ability to dial up moa.We have shot out to 1000 yards with great luck.
They do use Schott glass
Bryce

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.