Minox 6x30x56 mm

Iron Worker

Just sold my Sightron 8x32x56mm the mechanics of that scope were just fine and the glass was good but not breathtaking . I had a 1/8 target dot and it was just to small for the hunting I do in Reno NV. So was going to buy a Sightron S3 6x24x50 with LRMOA-2 reticule . But the Minox 6x30x56 mm with 30mm tube and schott glass caught my eye. Logged onto Cameraland in the big apple and they had a demo for $679.00 +they pay shipping what's not to love about that ? So I bought it and now awaiting shipment. In the meantime I did a search on snipers hide for opinions and man I read some sour reviews at least on their 1" scopes about "mushy" feeling adjustment knobs. Said to my self " Dang it why didn't I read these befor I purchased ?" Other raved about their excellent customer service ,so i called them up. Spoke to a friendly knowledgeable sales rep. I asked about the "Mushy" adustment on the turrents ? He said "He new exactly what I was talking about and that the problem has been rectified " ! I sure hope I haven't bought a lemon . I'm thinking this 30 mm tube might be a new animal ? Also this is a demo scope so hope it wasn't handeled improperly when on display ? I'll keep y'all posted.

I've had it a year. Ran it on a .204 Cooper last summer and it worked great. The glass is detailed and bright; very similar to my Leupold VX-2. Was concerned about not finding a sunshade for it but on sunny days I was surprised at the lack of glare compared to most scopes, which I can't explain. The BRX reticle seems to be just a bit fine for varmint work but it'll do. Didn't abuse it but it seems rugged enough. They now have a lifetime warranty.

I have a 5x15 1" Minox on a 7Ultramag. I have had for over six months. It holds zero and adjustments are spot on. Glass is very good. I have fired over 100 rounds and no issues.

Ironworker,

No, I have not taken any game with it. 162 A-Max moly's over Retumbo run 3350+ and shoots 3 shots into one hole. Its a stock Rem 700 LSS LH. Unfortunately it's a J-lock bolt. Got it thru an estate sale as they knew I was a lefty. They called me. I have alot of '7's I didn't have an Ultra. Elk rifle if I draw next year or use my big 30 haven't decided. It's a nice rifle and it shoots. Just trigger and free floated, not even bedded.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts