• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

midway

What I'd love to know, have suppliers increased cost to Larry or is he taking advantage of the current situation? I've been a loyal customer for years and if the latter is the case, I'll never purchase another product from him. I imagine there are many of us that feel the same.
Its inconceivable that Larry is paying more for powder then all of his competitors who HAVE NOT jacked up their retail prices for powder, bullets and everything else in short supply. You decide.

What I'd love to know, have suppliers increased cost to Larry or is he taking advantage of the current situation? I've been a loyal customer for years and if the latter is the case, I'll never purchase another product from him. I imagine there are many of us that feel the same.
No. Suppliers still have regular pricing although some have had increases of up to 20% on some items. The small OEM business I work for is paying about $25/lb for powders like H4350 and H1000 and under $30/K for primers.
I posted a similar comparison of bullets the other day. Blue Collar Reloading had .358" 225gr Accubonds for the regular price of $50/box while Larry was selling the same product for $75. Shameful considering how much buying power Midway must have compared to these smaller shops who have kept their prices at a sane level.

No. Suppliers still have regular pricing although some have had increases of up to 20% on some items. The small OEM business I work for is paying about $25/lb for powders like H4350 and H1000 and under $30/K for primers.
I posted a similar comparison of bullets the other day. Blue Collar Reloading had .358" 225gr Accubonds for the regular price of $50/box while Larry was selling the same product for $75. Shameful considering how much buying power Midway must have compared to these smaller shops who have kept their prices at a sane level.
It's garbage but it is capitalism. And as a by-product we can choose to not purchase from him and stick with good companies which stand by their customers. It will not have an immediate shift or tangible change however, over time there will be felt results for midway.

Larry is just trying to take the #1 spot from Jeff Bezos. I'm not inclined to help him. :>)