• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

midway

What I'd love to know, have suppliers increased cost to Larry or is he taking advantage of the current situation? I've been a loyal customer for years and if the latter is the case, I'll never purchase another product from him. I imagine there are many of us that feel the same.
Just good ole corporate greed!

Seems to me if you don't have the same supply of items to sell, yet your overhead is still the same, wouldn't you need to increase prices?
Only if you want to lose customers. When other folks in the same business and with the same supply challenges don't opt to raise their prices, the price increases are seen as taking advantage of a difficult situation (aka gouging). See above comment from folks that were once loyal customers.

I sure hope all these folks that hate Midway now continue to hate them when they get some Retumbo in stock lol
It's the one thing I'm getting low on and while I won't pay gunbroker prices, I wouldn't mind to pay a little more than the old price to be able to get some.
Y'all be sure and sit on your hands when that time comes!

Powder Valley and Mid South have already had it available at least 1 time each in the last 45 days.
If I need it I will wait for them

I have removed all my alerts at Midway. Just Sayin

Powder Valley and Mid South have already had it available at least 1 time each in the last 45 days.
If I need it I will wait for them
Yeah, but the problem is I don't sit in front of a computer or have the luxury of being able to check every email the instant it comes through. I'm usually several minutes to several hours late. I may get lucky one of these days, but I dang sure won't throw rocks at Midway if they get some and want a little extra.

His method of doing business seems strange to me. I was looking for a set of binos for my boat a month ago. He had some Sigs on sale/clearance, priced at $280. I couldn't order then because I was going to be out of town so no delivery. About a week later, the same binos on sale/clearance were $306. Still couldn't order. Another week goes by and the cost now is $340! $60 higher than the original sale/clearance price. No rhyme or reason other than greed imo!

Only if you want to lose customers. When other folks in the same business and with the same supply challenges don't opt to raise their prices, the price increases are seen as taking advantage of a difficult situation (aka gouging). See above comment from folks that were once loyal customers.
Are those stores of similar size, similar staffing numbers, similar assets?

I sure hope all these folks that hate Midway now continue to hate them when they get some Retumbo in stock lol
It's the one thing I'm getting low on and while I won't pay gunbroker prices, I wouldn't mind to pay a little more than the old price to be able to get some.
Y'all be sure and sit on your hands when that time comes!
Natchez had Retumbo and H1000 today. Bought 5lbs Ret and an 8lb of H1K. In the last 2 weeks every online shop I monitor has had H1k and 4 different ones have had Retumbo. Powder seems to be rounding the corner ever so slowly.
It came to $36/lb for 13lbs shipped from Natchez.
Midway going to a 5lb limit might get some buyers but the 2 lb limit is a joke. Price of Retumbo would be $53/lb shipped with the current price listed and you'd only be able to get 2 lbs and be back to looking for more anyway.
That price of $53/lb shipped is IF they hold the current price of the powder when it comes in stock again. 4831SC on Midway is up at $49.49/lb and they've had that in stock recently (Last week). With shipping you'd be at $62.50/lb shipped.
Ill sit on my hands until Powder Valley, Midsouth, Precision Reloading, Natchez, and various others have stock again.

Last edited: