• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Midway Powder Dump VARGET , H4350

Got some needed Varget and H4350. Sometimes they limit you to two 1lbs, but this one is limited to only one.

What I think is going on is Brandon Boats..

121 ships now twice as many anchored off Long Beach which cannot get into port.

Where does Hodgdon powder get made? Australia.

All of their powder is in Brandon's Boats.

All through the holidays everytime any retailer posted Hodgdon powder except for maybe H4895,
it did not last 10 min. anywhere.

I believe supplies are extremely thin for Hodgdon powders right now.

Therefore 1 lb. limit.

Look at other powders. See what they are doing. Did notice some IMR 4895 w 1 lb. limit too. But lets see this next few weeks whether 1 lb limits hit everything and whether any ships finally get into dock and get unloaded.

We havent seen a regular big powder dump anywhere in a long time.

All through the holidays everytime any retailer posted Hodgdon powder except for maybe H4895,

Therefore 1 lb. limit.

Look at other powders. See what they are doing. Did notice some IMR 4895 w 1 lb. limit too. But lets see this next few weeks whether 1 lb limits hit everything and whether any ships finally get into dock and get unloaded.

They have a plant in the US to my knowledge.. either way.. powder companies have powder on hand. I found that out when my shipment was stolen off my porch and they refilled my order 10days later.. they just chlose when they want to post it I believe

Kasey

Last edited:
They have a plant in the US to ky knowledge.. either way.. powder companies have powder on hand. I found that out when my shipment was stolen off my porch and they refilled my order 10days later.. they just shouse when they want to post it I believe

Kasey
Almost all of Hodgdon powders are made outside the U.S.

They own Accurate, IMR, Hodgdon,
Goex, and exclusively make and distribute for Winchester I think.

Accurate I think does have plants in Montana. Winchester powders are made at St. Marks Florida. I believe a lot of IMR is made in Canada. Some may be made in US.

I believe that almost all if not all Hodgdons brand powder is now made in Australia.

They have like 70 to 100 distribution facilities in the U.S. But these do not actually make powder.

Accurate I think does have plants in Montana. Winchester powders are made at St. Marks Florida. I believe a lot of IMR is made in Canada. Some may be made in US.

I believe that almost all if not all Hodgdons brand powder is now made in Australia.

They have like 70 to 100 distribution facilities in the U.S. But these do not actually make powder.
I'm simply saying.. the boat excuse is whore out... companies have powder.. supply and demand.. this country is now being built on greed to an extent.. but I'm glad it's still becoming available.. and thankful most guys on this site are for the shooters.. not making a ton of money on other people

Kasey

There are many products and raw materials stuck on those shipping container boats.
I think it is same to assume there is alot of powder on those shipping container boats.

Therefore 1 lb. limit.

The 1lb limit is greedy and nothing more. They probably make a little on shipping and hazmat is pure profit. Why would they do a 2-5limit when they can sell them 1 at a time. It's more of the same from midway.

You also said one time they shutdown and laid everybody off

I believe going into holidays they did furlough a lot of their distribution people cause they had nothing to do. No powder to distribute.

And after I raised this, all these big retailers put out Varget, Retumbo
few others but it was all show..

Thin supplies that lasted 10 min. or less, and they did it sporadically 2 ir 3 days to make it seem like a lot of supply....

If they come on with some real powder dumps and liquid supply, I'll admit I was wrong and be glad for everyone. I suppose that could still happen, but when??? IMO not until those ships can unload.

Bring it on!

I like how PV says they have no ETA on a lot of powders after Christmas and then yesterday dropped a bunch of 8lbers of Retumbo, 4831SC, and a ton of other powders. lol. They got the powder they're just trickling it out. And don't share on PV FB page if other companies have the powders in stock that they don't. got the ban hammer from them. "for the shooters" yeah, ok.

How is buying one 1 pounder worth it? We are all experiencing "powder creep..." Pretty soon we will be building prefference points and chasing max points to get a pound of powder we used to get as general season....

Mid south had 10lbs limits of varget for 3 straight days.. and it lasted more than 10 minutes two of those days.. cmon...

Kasey