• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED midway blems

I bought a box of 100 .257 blems from Midway last summer. It was a huge waste of money for me and I will never do it again.

Ad said they were bonded 110 gn bonded bullets and the blems were cosmetic. The pic showed a 110 accubond.

So I bought 100. Bad mistake. The bullets are actually 110 Hornady with a cremp. The blems were not cosmetic. The bullets weight varied by +/- 2 or 3 GNs and shot all over the map! I weight sorted them only kept 41 out or the 100 that were between 109.9 and 110.1 GNs. I threw the rest away. I threw away over half of them and the cost was not 50% less than new non blemished ones. So, I basically got ripped off. It would have been cheaper to buy new bullets. Never even shot any of the remaining 41...

Your luck could be different. Just be ware.

I bought a box of 100 .257 blems from Midway last summer. It was a huge waste of money for me and I will never do it again.

Ad said they were bonded 110 gn bonded bullets and the blems were cosmetic. The pic showed a 110 accubond.

So I bought 100. Bad mistake. The bullets are actually 110 Hornady with a cremp. The blems were not cosmetic. The bullets weight varied by +/- 2 or 3 GNs and shot all over the map! I weight sorted them only kept 41 out or the 100 that were between 109.9 and 110.1 GNs. I threw the rest away. I threw away over half of them and the cost was not 50% less than new non blemished ones. So, I basically got ripped off. It would have been cheaper to buy new bullets. Never even shot any of the remaining 41...

Your luck could be different. Just be ware.

I'm not as happy with the plastic tipped bullets I've bought as blems; they seem to think the ones with bent tips are saleable or something. The regular bullets have all been fine. I had to cull 10% of the tipped ones I've gotten, but that was only one 1,000 round batch of 130 grain 270 cal bonded from mid-south. They look like the interbond and needed a good polishing when I got them.

We'll see on the ones I just ordered from shooters pro shop. If the nosler blems are like the tipped hornady ones, I may stick to lead tip only on blems. The lead tips may be ugly (as blems) but if you weight sort them even the bad ones will shoot.

I just can't get that cheap....lol The only thing around here thats 'pulled' is pork.

BTW, Natchezz has 1000 round bulk packs of 308's with 165 FMJ's for 900 bucls, I believe Federals and they have 223's in bulk as well, I believe 65's in FMJ. Not sure on the headstamp.

Wideners has primed/pulled 308's in Federal Lake City and 308's in OFMB, I have 1000 of the OFMB in route right now. Federal 12 and 13 headstamps.

Sierra projectiles and Hornady is coming back. I recently got in SMK's in 308 and 338, 165 and 250 resepctively plus Midway has/had Hornady 55 grain Spires FMJ with cannelure in 100 bulk bags. I got 500 of them to keep my coffee can full.....

I picked up 500 hard to get normally Hornady 60 grain polymer tipped 22 cal (224) 223 projectiles from Grafs. I believe they are sold out though. Those are for a friend I reload for....

Boy am I glad I have too much powder and primers. I don't see that yet.

I check every night when I get hime from work, all the retailers and Class 4 dealers I deal with. It's a ritual now.