Mid South Varmint Bullets

Iron Worker

Or is it Mid Way. They sell bullets called Varmint extreme And Dog Town Night mear. Well some thing like that. BC is pretty low so is the cost. Is it one of the deals "You get what you pay for" I don't have any time to waste shooting low grade bullets. I have a extremely accurate AR-15 that produces 3/4 MOA and under with Sierra 52 gr Match bullets. This is my 250 yard coyote and varmint rifle.

Midway sells the Dogtown bullets. I have no experience with them.

Mid South selles the Varmint Nightmare bullets. I bought a box and have been disappointed with the results. After 3 different powders and 15 different loads, none shoot less than 1 MOA consistently. The same gun shoots MANY loads with several other bullets into less than .5 MOA all day long.

Midway sells the Dogtown bullets. I have no experience with them.

Mid South selles the Varmint Nightmare bullets. I bought a box and have been disappointed with the results. After 3 different powders and 15 different loads, none shoot less than 1 MOA consistently. The same gun shoots MANY loads with several other bullets into less than .5 MOA all day long.

were they the cannulered or uncannulered bullets from MS?

I couldn't get the cannulered ones to shoot under 1.5 moa from my AR, but the uncannulered ones shoot just under moa. Both loads were with 26gr of Benchmark, same day, same gun, same target, so I could at least rule out "operator error" ;>)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.