Measuring Bullet Bearing Surface

Troy

What are you using to measure bullet bearing surface? Can you also measure boat tail variance with the same tool?

home made

a piece of window glass with a light coat of paper ink ( same as use for news paper or artist work ) you roll your bullet on the window glass and ink print the bearing surface after you can easy measure with a caliper or a rule

this method allow you to show pressure ring or uncylindrical bearing surface

another way is to built a small frame for a old ( low cost or get from junk ) slide projector and display the bullet on a white wall , scale factor is easy to get with bullet lenght ratio .

good shooting

DAN TEC

me too--2 stony point tools on calipers. I wouldnt worry about the boattail if the BS is good
wink.gif

JB

Thanks for the answers gents. I am going to check out the Davidson collars listed in Sinclairs. I was just wondering what people were using. I have been shooting really good CRO bullets but want to try a different caliber and will need to measure bullets.

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.