MCS-LTR (LONG RANGE TACTICAL)

Competition Stocks
MCS-LTR (LONG RANGE TACTICAL)
Created particularly for the King of the Two Mile competition, this stock comes in two versions. The first version is for shooters running up to a 1.6" diameter action, and the second for a 2" 50bmg/416 action. There are also two different cheek designs available depending on the throw, size and diameter of the bolt. The adjustable cheek comes standard with KMW hardware. The overall length of the LRT is 7 to 8 inches longer than a standard stock, giving it better balance and stability. The MCS-LTR is standard with a semi-inlet and no butt pad.

I have shot the original F-class stock which is about 7" longer but not this new version. I have been very comfortable behind the original version so I don't see any reason I wouldn't be behind this version.

If you are shooting F-Class or in that style, prone, 1,000 yards then and you are shooting "normal" cartridges, I would agree, you don't have a reason...

If you are shooting longer range than F-Class using much larger than "normal" cartridges, say 378 Weatherby improved, CheyTac improved and even larger 375 HE, 375 Mercenary, 375 Lethal or the uber 416 or 460 HSM, 416 Barret, 50 DTC, 50 Improved then...

Yeah, it might be the way to go.

Of course all that is in the ad for the stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I take delivery of mine in the next couple weeks :)
I cannot wait to get it in hand so we can get dimensions and such sorted out.

Thanks,
THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.