Mini Muscle Brake
Full Action Bed
Bell & Carlson Varmint / Tactical Stock

Hope you all enjoy !!

JimMcGuinness2.jpg

JimMcGuinness3.jpg

JimMcGuinness.jpg

Very nice looking rifle. :)

Question: Is that a muzzle break? Curious as to the need for one on a 6.5x55. I have one and the recoil is very, very mild.

It's a Mini Muscle Brake. I know it's a mild recoiling rifle but the customer wanted to be able to stay on target and spot his own shots as best he could. The Mini Muscle Brake is the best timed brake I've ever used. I just put one on a .204 Ruger in a Savage Striker and it now barely moves on recoil. Before the bi-pod legs would jump up about 2 " making it hard to stay on target and spot your own shots.

Thanks for the info Kevin. Interesting. Does that small of a brake require hearing protection while hunting?

Great looking rig and nice components. I really like the spider web stocks.

I just got a update e-mail on the rifle progress. Here is what she looks like scoped and here is the e-mail that was sent to me.

"Hi Kevin,sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I haven't been able to get much range time.All the best to you in the new year and continued success in your business.Thanks for the great job on the rifle,although it would probably do better in more experienced hands.(just means I've got to practice more...) groups are at 200 yards from the bench. Best regards,J

65swede.jpg

65swede1.jpg

65swede2.jpg

moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png

I highly recommend Kevin for your next build. Excellent workmanship,realistic communication as to build time,patiently answers questions and makes suggestions that contribute to the quality of the build not just the bottom line.
One correction to the original spec however is that he used a Bartlein 5R medium palma 1 in 8.5 not a Hart. Thanks again Kevin. Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.