McMillan A5 for 270 AM

the black rifle is almost exactly what i would like you to build for me what rail is on top can you email me about price. the stock what color mix is that black/dark grey

Yes these are the gel-goat stocks. The color is actually about 0.100" thick so if you get scratches on the stock you can simply take some 400 grit wet/dry paper and feather them out and you will never know they were there.

Kirby Allen(50)

Very nice. I will be stocking my allen mag with an A-5. I'm just not sure which Allen mag it will go on. I think for my .270AM I will use the McMillan Lazzeroni stock.

To the original question What should you get on the stock. I'm interested in the cheek pad option. I don't know how I would figure out whether I would need it or not? can anyone say what would warrant this?

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice. I will be stocking my allen mag with an A-5. I'm just not sure which Allen mag it will go on. I think for my .270AM I will use the McMillan Lazzeroni stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lazz thumbhole sporter in 700LA pillar bedded that i may part with (selling the gun in pieces to fund another project)

is set up for a rem DM mag. decel pad

Let me know if your are intersted.

Kirby -- gelcoat 0.100" thick!!??!? HUH? where? any i have seen were lucky to make 1/16" -- the butt-walls of my 1KBR stock (tracker MBR) is only .100 thick at points...and this includes the gelcoat and several layers of glass!

And in some areas i can see cloth coming thru (in the forend and grip), so .100 is a little generous, though you can sometimes save a scratch by sanding it out...if it is in the right spot.

JB

jb1000br,

Dang man that is set just as I'd need it too.. However I want to use the other Lazzeroni stock,the one with the high monte carlo style. I'm sure you'll be able to sell that stock pretty easily though. Folks who like thumbhole stocks seem to really like that one. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Boman -- both have the same comb. It is definately the most comfortable thumbhole i have felt! Planning to replace with an A5 though -- trying to keep consostant stock types btwn rifles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let me know if you change your mind about my stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
JB

I see.. You know I'll be honest I've never shot with a thumbhole stock? If its still available I might get it just to try. I'll keep you in mind for sure. Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
I see.. You know I'll be honest I've never shot with a thumbhole stock? If its still available I might get it just to try. I'll keep you in mind for sure. Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, im not actively trying to sell it, so it will be here for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Still not 100% committed/decided on the next project yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.