Mauser m18 rail

TheSandman

Ok I just bought a m18 6.5PRC and I need a rail. Lists a Rem 700 but doesn't say short or long. Any help? Also I have a new in package rail for a Winchester xpr 6.5PRC that I ordered from SOS and they had my money for a week and no movement on shipping. I cancelled order and it's been three days and they still have my money. I won't be ordering from them again. I think that is a scam. They had my money before I hung up phone during order process and it takes how long to get it back? Still waiting. If you are over a week behind on everything get some help. Yes I'm peeved. I wasted a week with SOS and season ends soon. Scope list.com ships same day. Ok I'm done with rant.

Mine is in 6.5 creedmore. All of the Mauser M18 and Sauer 100 rifles are drilled for Remington 700 LONG ACTION only. I Used Leupold rail. It is higher than I really wanted to mount that scope. I would recommend going with that DNZ tactical low if you use for 34 mm tube scope. Or I would recommend DNZ regardless. Because you can mount your scope lower. Love the rifle. Group is at 300 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • 20201212_170106.jpg
    20201212_170106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I really wish that Mauser and Sauer would drill for the #8 screws. But there are so few rail/mount makers that sell a 700 LA with #8 base screws that I can see why they felt like they had to drill for the popularly available screw size. You could get a gunsmith to drill them out to #8 for you, but that kind of defeats the idea of a inexpensive rifle. Check out the DNZ one-piece tactical mounts. DNZ uses good hard steel screws and a larger size screw for their ringcaps. I have them on several rifles and well pleased with their quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.