Matrix hunting bullets

We have had some good results with the 150 and 160 6.5's. They are accurate and have performed well on game. Also, Marshal, the owner, is great to work with..............Rich

MERRY CHRISTMAS:)

The 160 out of my 6.5-06 imp shoots great at just over 2900fps. It was really not picky at all. The first barrel break in group I shot from my new rifle was thumb nail sized! I tried H4831 which was very consistent and very accurate, but did not give me the velocity I wanted. H1000 shot good at 100 yards but had a lot of velocity variation thru the range of powder weight that I tried. Retumbo shot great,was consistent and gave me the velocity I was after.
Because of really warm weather, and no snow until the last week of the season, my hunting season was ended by close range shots to fill tags. My long range bullet performance test media will have to be Yellowstone's greater coyote.
A white tailed doe deer "DRT" at 480, the smallest bull elk that I have killed since 1996 died at 350 DRT. A mule deer at 75 yards that I rode into on my horse, first shot hit a tree as the deer quartered away( tree was already dead but is still standing) and the killing shot made fast work and destroyed the off side shoulder!

The 160 out of my 6.5-06 imp shoots great at just over 2900fps. It was really not picky at all. The first barrel break in group I shot from my new rifle was thumb nail sized! I tried H4831 which was very consistent and very accurate, but did not give me the velocity I wanted. H1000 shot good at 100 yards but had a lot of velocity variation thru the range of powder weight that I tried. Retumbo shot great,was consistent and gave me the velocity I was after.
Because of really warm weather, and no snow until the last week of the season, my hunting season was ended by close range shots to fill tags. My long range bullet performance test media will have to be Yellowstone's greater coyote.
A white tailed doe deer "DRT" at 480, the smallest bull elk that I have killed since 1996 died at 350 DRT. A mule deer at 75 yards that I rode into on my horse, first shot hit a tree as the deer quartered away( tree was already dead but is still standing) and the killing shot made fast work and destroyed the off side shoulder!

I love it! The dead tree I mean:D More good results with the Matrix though...........Rich

I love it! The dead tree I mean:D More good results with the Matrix though...........Rich

I hit panick mode, when I heard the odd thud!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 64
A friend shot this nice mange covered bull with my rifle when her crazy assed no good horse ran off with her rifle when we jumped this and a couple more bulls. She broke it's back at 75 yards from a great rest in a tree, and followed up with a better shot to kill her biggest bull. A great big bull, also with mange got away to live a bit longer because this one stood for about two minutes too long!

So I would say, great bullet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 67
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.