Matching Huskemaw scope with 7mm rem mag 168g vld

Ryker

Hello all, I've seen tons of info on loading the 7mm rem mag with Berger 168g VLD and H1000, but much question comes from the fact I have a friend asking me to load for his rifle which has a Huskemaw scope. This wouldn't be an issue except the turret is etched with 3600fps. I have not been able to find anything close to this. I've seen some saying 70g of H1000 pushing 2950fps but that's as close as I've seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of my thoughts, the amount of powder needed to get a 168 cooking at those speeds are more than feel comfortable with. Just wanted some form of either confirmation or enlightenment on the matter.

Hello all, I've seen tons of info on loading the 7mm rem mag with Berger 168g VLD and H1000, but much question comes from the fact I have a friend asking me to load for his rifle which has a Huskemaw scope. This wouldn't be an issue except the turret is etched with 3600fps. I have not been able to find anything close to this. I've seen some saying 70g of H1000 pushing 2950fps but that's as close as I've seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Count the number of clicks between each yardages then get on a good ballistics calculator figure velocity out that way and match that velocity and don't worry about what they printed on the turret they done so poor a job printing a turret for me they had to do it again. David

Maybe a 7 mm ultra mag with a 32" barrel would get you to 3600 with 160 but not much short of that.

I have since had the owner send me a picture of the turret cap and yes the velocity is 2844fps and elevation was 3600ft. Thanks to all who contributed to this post, the info I had was driving me nuts. Glad to know I wasn't off my rocker.
That velocity seems awful slow ive owned a half dozen 7 mags and shot 168 Bergers in all of them I was getting 3030 to 3070 with them. David

I know powder hard to find I use retumbo 71.5 at 3065 with 168 berger with huskama scope with correct turret works great shot elk at 700 yes no problem

Not being critical but your approaching this idea from the wrong side.

Develop a good load and THEN order a turret from Huskemaw. It would be a whole lot cheaper in the long run vs trying to match speed, BC, Es,Sd, etc. to an existing turret made for another load.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.