7mm Rem Mag with 168 VLD & H1000 recommendations

ravot22

What are recommended starting and maximum powder loads using H1000 powder and Berger 168 gr VLD hunting bullets.

I don't want a "compressed" load either.

I don't have any H1000 recommendations in my book.

Thanks in advance.

22, per the Berger manual starting 62.5 and Max 69.5 for H1000. This load has shot extremely well for several rifles I've helped load for. Good luck

I don't know what chamber you have....factory or custom. My Remington factory chamber with a 26" barrel shoots lights out with 72gr of H1000 with the the bullet seated .015" from the lands. Winchester brass and Fed 215m primers. I would start no higher than 67gr and work up. It is not a compressed load and runs 3020fps. Berger 168VLD match hunting bullet.

Thanks for the help all.

I will shooting this combination out of a Remington Sendero.

What are recommended starting and maximum powder loads using H1000 powder and Berger 168 gr VLD hunting bullets.

I don't want a "compressed" load either.

I don't have any H1000 recommendations in my book.

Thanks in advance.
ravot22,
Dosh is correct. But I need to add that these numbers are based on a COAL of 3.290 and it shows an APPROX fill ratio of 100%. I would suggest that you go to the Berger Bullet website and in TECH TALK in the drop down from the INFORMATION tab read " VLDs making them shoot" this will give you some seating depth testing information to tune your round with. Do this at the 62.5 grain load. Once yo find the seating depth accuracy node. Work your powder charge up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy as you increase the powder charge. IF you find that after doing your seating depth testing that the loaded cartridge will no longer fit or cycle through the magazine box and this is an issue for you . You can go to our 7mm 168 grain CLASSIC HUNTER bullet. Load it to the 3.290 COAL and just work the load up. These are a hybrid bullet that is very tolerant of jump and designed to work at standard magazine lengths. Same accuracy, distance and performance on game as the VLD. Just easier to tune and uses the same load data as the 7mm 168 VLD. Other option may be a Wyatts Outdoor Custom Rifle extended magazine box. See their website for more information. Hope this helps!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.