Match Rifles Rebuilt for the 2017 Season.

BallisticsGuy

Coach and I both rebuilt our rifles for this our 2017 season. Coach is shooting in open class with a 6XC chambered Savage 110 in a custom wood stock. It sports a 26" Shilen Match 8-twist pipe, US Optics SN-4 3.8-22x44 MOA scope and a Canjar single set trigger. I'm shooting in Tactical class with a .223 chambered Mossberg MVP that's wearing a Black Hole Weaponry (now Columbia River) 26" 7-twist pipe. The MVP sports a MDT LSS chassis, MOE buttstock, DPMS PSG-1 grip and a Timney or Jard trigger (depending on the match) all topped with a Vortex Razor Gen2 3-18x50 MOA scope. Both rest on Harris 6-9's, mine with smooth legs and coach uses notched legs.

I'm working on a 2nd barrel for mine in 6mm-.22Nosler so I can compete in the Open class now and then.

img_1125.jpg

.22Nosler is basically a 6.8spc necked down to .223 and given a rebated rim so it'll work with .223 bolt faces. Neck that up to 6mm and you have something with 6mm BR power levels on a .223 bolt face and feeding from AR mags. Folks have already been doing 6-6.8spc and 22-6.8spc but that uses the 6.8spc bolt face diameter and case forming is a bigger hassle than I want to deal with. Going from .22Nosler up to 6mm is super easy as far as case forming. Being able to do that on a .223 bolt face is gravy.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.