Mary Pat's First Deer at 7 YO w/ DCGS 6x47 Lapua

jett

I just wanted to post some fun pics of a recent hunting trip with my 4 children. My 7 year old daughter, Mary Pat, shot her first deer at 291 yards (heart shot!) with my 6x47 Lapua built by Dan Glover of Dan's Custom Gun Service. Her 4 year old brother was in the stand w/ his .22 Cricket. Her 12 year old sister was in another stand with her friend and Dan Glover was guiding. Finally, her 14 year old brother and his friend were in yet another stand experiencing the pitfalls of Dad making him take the Leica 1600 rather than the PLRF 10!:)
I would like to give Dan a special thanks for all his help with the kids! Oh yeah, and also for building some pretty awesome guns!
Mary Pat's First Deer.jpg

Mary Pat  in Stand.jpg

Jo Jo hunting.jpg

Mary Pat and Jo Jo hunting.jpg

Attachments

• 4346d1323091959t-amazing-7yr-old-mary-pat-001.jpg
    4346d1323091959t-amazing-7yr-old-mary-pat-001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 68
Just got a chance to get on the site in the last couple of days. Jett it was a blast seeing the kids learning to love what we already do. It was double special that Mary Pat got a deer. What the rest of you guys didn' see was the big smile on Dad's face. I couldn't tell who was the most excited, Dad or Mary Pat. The only thing that Dad hasn't thought about is how high she set the bar at for her next one. I wish I had an 8 pointer like that for my first deer. Can't wait for next year so we can do it all over again. Dan

That is awesome to see Im sure Dad was more excited than anyone.

Im a little jelous that is a great deer espically for her first big congrats to you all. I have a little girl that just turned 4 and is dying to go out with me. I cant wait to get her started.

COngratulations to you both!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.