Marlin 39a golden value

oldfamily

Just picked up a Marlin 39a golden that was made in 1960. Rifle is around 95 %, real nice looking rifle. Have been looking for actual value of the rifle since it has a four diget seriel number. Only wear is on the hammer, action is tight and clean no rust. I turned down 600.00 as soon as I pulled it out of the box. thanks Oldfamily.

any info on this would be great as i have just recently aquired the same rifle from my grandfather. my rifle is 95-98% my grandfather never used it and has the box/paperwork. i love the little rifle and would never sell it just curious of approx worth. thanks in advance.

It depends on what part of the US that you live in, as to what the rifle is worth. I would say the rifles that you have described would be in the $400 range. If you don't intend to get rid of it because of the sinamental value, it doesn't really matter what its value is, does it?

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.