Mark V possibilities

I've built several custom builds on Mark V actions. In fact, I'm starting a build that the late JE Custom and I collaborated on before he passed. Arguably the strongest factory actions made. Which ever you decide, know you can push it as hard as you want (within reason of course😁)
I remember those beasty beauts built by Jerry.

I remember those beasty beauts built by Jerry.
My kids absolutely cherish those rifles. Jerry and I talked forever about a 7 Texan. If it would be too fast and burn up the barrel too quick. Before he passed, we both finally agreed on a chamber design. A month before he passed, we received the reamer. Another very good friend of Jerry's will be doing the smith work. I'll build the stock and do the testing. I'm soooooo jazzed!

Where is the hole in your current rifle lineup? The 257 is a deer on downs worst nightmare. Plenty of gun for elk but do you have a dedicated elk rifle? Need a heavy rifle for target shooting? A 270wby is a step up from 257 but not a big enough jump to justify it for me unless slinging the heaviest bullets. I've got a buddy who's run a 300wby for everything from coyotes to moose for years and swears by it. Runs a 180gr interlock about 3200fps it's been been an absolute killer since we were teenagers. I've killed a few deer with it, his 100lb little sister has killed deer with it years ago, absolutely perfect track record. Inside 500yd it's pretty well leveled everything we've shot bang flop. It's a handful and would suggest a muzzle break if taking more than a couple shots at a time. I like spotting my own shots and I can't do it with that rifle. It's just too much for my taste unless I was chasing elk/moose/brown bear.

I have 4 Weatherby calibers. A 270 Wea, 257 Wea , 7mm Wea and a 30/378. The 7mm Weatherby mag is by far my favorite. Very flexible round.

I also am a lefty. Love the MKV actions. Have had a number over the years. Still have a 257 UL and a just built 338-378 Dangerous game rifle. I will always have a 257 in he line up but if I had an extra, I too would make a 7MM Bee if a change was needed. Way better bullet selection, lots of heavy choices, perfectly fine on Elk or Moose down to small deer. In the UL configuration, would still be a pleasant rifle to shoot.

Where is the hole in your current rifle lineup? The 257 is a deer on downs worst nightmare. Plenty of gun for elk but do you have a dedicated elk rifle? Need a heavy rifle for target shooting? A 270wby is a step up from 257 but not a big enough jump to justify it for me unless slinging the heaviest bullets. I've got a buddy who's run a 300wby for everything from coyotes to moose for years and swears by it. Runs a 180gr interlock about 3200fps it's been been an absolute killer since we were teenagers. I've killed a few deer with it, his 100lb little sister has killed deer with it years ago, absolutely perfect track record. Inside 500yd it's pretty well leveled everything we've shot bang flop. It's a handful and would suggest a muzzle break if taking more than a couple shots at a time. I like spotting my own shots and I can't do it with that rifle. It's just too much for my taste unless I was chasing elk/moose/brown bear.
hole is in that the 270 area, seems I have something of most calibers below it and something up to a 30.

The 270 Weatherby is fantastic. Even before the heavier options came along it was very versatile. Blistering speed with bullets like the 110TTSX or 117Hammer, great midrange performance with several 130 - 150 grain bullets 135 Bergers and 140 Accubonds are fantastic, and now some long heavies making it viable at very long range. You will not be disappointed.