Mark V Trigger

Daddy Justin

Team,

I have a Weatherby Mark V Synthetic in 30.06. I am having trouble getting a nice trigger pull w/o any creep. The gunsmith has had it twice and there is still creep sometimes. Strange thing is that sometimes it creeps, sometimes it doesn't. I have a Timney trigger on another rifle and that iswhat I want for my Mark V. However, no one seems to make one. Should I send it back to Weatherby to have it worked on or does anyone know of a way to retrofit another aftermarket trigger?

Thanks for the help!

Justin

That's great, but I have not been able to get their website to work and the only one I can find are for the Vanguards. Do you have a website??

I did find a Jard trigger for it, but it looks like it only goes to 20 ozs. I usually like around 2 3/4 lbs. 20 ozs. sounds way too light for hunting.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

Justin: Here is what I did for my Mark V triggers. Kevin Knight of High Performance Gunsmithing 800-809-4039 does excellent trigger jobs on these. He can take them as low as 1 1/2 lb. if you want and just as crisp as can be. You do not need to send the whole gun to him, just the trigger group. If you call him tell him I said hello. His website is www.muzzlebrake.com Good luck, Sam.

Hello Daddy Justin, their website is (www.timneytriggers.com). I was just there. The model number for the Weatherby MK V trigger is #651, and it's $120.00. I have a custom Weatherby MK V in 338-378 with a 33" Krieger match barrel and custom shop TRR stock. This is the trigger I plan to install.

Thanks! I just ordered one. Just what I was looking for. Great timing. They just added it Sept. 17th. As always, this website has all of the answers.

Justin

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.