• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED March 3-24x42 FFP, .1MIL, FML-1, March Rings, (D24V42FML)

Airgun ATL

March 3-24x42 FFP, .1MIL, FML-1 D24V42FML
A.jpg
B.jpg
bottom.jpg
Box.jpg
IMG-0609.jpg
IMG-0610.jpg
IMG-0611.jpg
IMG-0612.jpg
IMG-0613.jpg

This scope came as part of a package I purchased from an airgun collector. The scope was mounted on a PCP rifle, but was never taken out of his house - just admired as part of his collection. Scope is as new, and comes with all shows, including the March rings. Not registered as far as I can tell as the papers are all still in the box. Any small white dots shown in the photo are dust - scope is blemish free. Rather beautiful, but way more than I could ever need for the shooting I do. FML-1 reticle, see box label for all info. $1750 shipped/insured. USPS MO / PP gift. US Only.

Last edited:
Just curious as to whether you know for a fact that this scope was never fired on the air rifle? I am by no means an expert on air rifles but I have read that air rifles (due to their reciprocating actions) will absolutely destroy any scope that is not specifically rated for air rifles. Can you provide some insight? Thanks

(Just now saw your other listing that states these particular air rifles have no recoil so I think that probably answers my question. Feel free to confirm though.) Thanks again.

Last edited:
My brother was a big part of the air gun scene and has spoke to me in length about this very problem . Yes is is true that air guns do break scopes rather easily. However the spring Guns are the ones that do the damage. The spring recoils in both directions rapidly causing the problem. This scope was not on a spring gun but in fact on. PCP rifle . It's fine.

Good question as springers do eat scopes for the recoil issue Pmacc60 calls out. This one as it was only on a pre charged pneumatic (pcp) which does not have the same issue. PCPs use compressed air which produce virtually no recoil.

PCP's cause no damage to scopes , you are correct sir

March put out two mil values in regards to clicks.. Do you know if this based on an actual mil value, or the larger artillery mil value?

Here's what the March website has on the mil value:

0.1 MIL Type
1 click adjustment : 0.1MIL (1cm @100m)
10 MIL turret revolution (100cm @100m)

Is that what you are looking for?

March put out two mil values in regards to clicks.. Do you know if this based on an actual mil value, or the larger artillery mil value?
The "older" March scopes used the NATO mil standard which is 1/6400 IIRC. The current March scopes use the more common/accepted 1/6283 IIRC standard calibration. I think March has been using the industry 1/6283 standard for several years now. Neither is wrong, they are just slightly different.

Obviously the larger value is wrong. I believe the military used the 6400 value as an easier way to calculate the angle. This was applied to artillery corrections, where close enough, was close enough. Anyway, any idea how old the scope is?

Obviously the larger value is wrong. I believe the military used the 6400 value as an easier way to calculate the angle. This was applied to artillery corrections, where close enough, was close enough. Anyway, any idea how old the scope is?
At the ranges we were firing Arty and for the accuracy required when dropping rounds near troops, 6400 was actually more accurate and as stated quicker to use. 6400 just divided the circle into smaller angles at longer ranges.

Recent Posts