Manners eh1 or ag k2

bsnyder

So I'm going to swap stocks on my tikka and I'm not sure which one to go with. Which do you all prefer and why. If I'm missing another stock from either brand let me know. I'm not even considering McMillan. Thanks. The rifle that it is on gets shot on steel out to 1300 and just built a lid to see if I can stretch it to a mile. But it's my main elk and mule deer gun. That's is again. I currently have a Mesa and I don't love it. It works but I don't love it.

Well never mind ag is not inletting for tikka I was confused I guess.
Yes they do. They just don't sell direct. Call them and they can give you a list of dealers that you can order.
878BC235-0EEB-4FDB-926D-28EBAD625A02.jpeg

Those are sharp. What are your thoughts on the ag vs manners
I don't have any experience with manners. I'm a big fan of AG composites though. Matt is extremely helpful if you call.

I am looking at a manner LRH for a new build with a 50mm objective and rail because I want to run an adjustable cheek piece.

Lucky for me this rifle doesn't have a 50mm objective and I don't think I wanna go adjustable. I like the looks of the k2 and the alpine hunter. I think they are both great stocks. Just not sure what I wanna go with. Bob beck ruined my dreams of a full custom build as even with my certificate I won't be able to afford to do the build I had planed now. Hoping some one will buy my cert and I will finish both of the wife's builds then I can upgrade mine.

Lucky for me this rifle doesn't have a 50mm objective and I don't think I wanna go adjustable. I like the looks of the k2 and the alpine hunter. I think they are both great stocks. Just not sure what I wanna go with. Bob beck ruined my dreams of a full custom build as even with my certificate I won't be able to afford to do the build I had planed now. Hoping some one will buy my cert and I will finish both of the wife's builds then I can upgrade mine.
I don't know how you go wrong with a tikka build. I would call Matt and ask him which stock. They have 5-6 now. The cheek piece works great with both my 44mm vortex lht.

Have you put a dakota trigger in yours yet? The reason i was looking at custom actions was for a foudation stock. that stock to me is like meth to a junky. i got to sit behind one and shoot it this summer and ive never been more comfortable. my old build was going to be a foundation stock in short action in 25sst for nrl hunter and a deer and antelope gun.

Have you put a dakota trigger in yours yet? The reason i was looking at custom actions was for a foudation stock. that stock to me is like meth to a junky. i got to sit behind one and shoot it this summer and ive never been more comfortable. my old build was going to be a foundation stock in short action in 25sst for nrl hunter and a deer and antelope gun.
I don't know what more you could ask for in a tikka trigger. It's crisp, no travel, and adjustable. I turn them down as far as they'll go and they're good to go.

I agree they are good if not the best in a factory trigger. I just put a jewell in the wife's 7 prc build and i was extremely impressed. mine is down as far as it will go now and i like it i just wonder what im leaving on the table with the dakota. i will say im not a timney fan at all. i prefer the tikka trigger to the timney.

Has AG revised their stock height or inlet for Tikkas? I know there were some issues that caused me to hold off. I ended up with a Manners EH1 and love it. I also have an AG on a Rem 700 and love it. If AG got the Tikka issue fixed, you should be good to go.

Has AG revised their stock height or inlet for Tikkas? I know there were some issues that caused me to hold off. I ended up with a Manners EH1 and love it. I also have an AG on a Rem 700 and love it. If AG got the Tikka issue fixed, you should be good to go.
Yes they did. I posted a long thread on rokslide about it. They had me test the new design and I'm still using it with zero modifications. It's g2g!