Making a cheekpiece, help!!

RocketDog

I need to get a cheek piece on my rifle. I have a Ruger M77 mark ii with a vortex 50mm objective. I looked at a few adjustable cheekpieces online but I'm to cheap to drop $60-100 on something that has less the $5 worth of material. Anyone have any good homemade cheekpiece ideas? I would like it to still look decent and be able to hold up in the mountains. Thanks!!

Well I did a little more research on making them and found Kydex plastics for sale on amazon for $10 shipped, the sheet should be big enough for me to make 2 adjustable pieces. I will post pics of my project when I'm done.

My Kydex came in today. Found some on ebay, cost $6 shipped to my house. Here are some pics so far. I still have to drill it and cut to shape.

SANY0116.JPG

SANY01181.JPG

SANY01191.JPG

SANY0122.JPG

SANY01211.JPG

SANY0125.JPG

SANY01311.JPG

SANY01331.JPG

SANY01341.JPG

SANY01351.JPG

SANY01361.JPG

All I have left to do is trim the front bolt. I'm going to get the hardware powder coated next week to keep from rusting. So far the total cost on this is 7 dollars!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.