Magneto Speed Sporter 3 part review

MBird

Have used the Red Chrony F1 for a long time, but shooting at different targets, at different distances, resetting the Chrony every time does not work

Saw the Version 3, but opted for the sport.

Un-boxing
Field Use
Summary

V/R
M.Bird

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased a Chrony Digital and took it out 3 different times and never worked correctly. Frustrated with that product and their customer service, I purchased the Magneto Speed Sporter. Just as the video summarized, it is a great unit with reliable performance. I could not be happier with the purchase.

I have the v.3 and love it. Had a couple of other types/brands before and had false/no readings and problems with them picking up shots in direct sun. The v.3 doesn't have that problem at all. This sporter model would be a good one as well, I just like the ease of getting readings for each shot along w/ the ES and ED right there on the screen.

I too have the v3. I really like it. Had a shooting crony and gave it away after using my v3 one time.

the only inconvenient thing is you really don't want to be shooting groups with it attached. Not really a problem for me. I usually check velocities after load development.

We have also used the Gen 3 and found it to be very accurate much more so than the old school ones, you don't need the good sun on the screens to get a reading, but also found that you don't want to group shoot with it on. Got some erratic groups with it on then took it off with the same loads and they tightened up......gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.