Mag view vs Ollin w/iPhone 15

rockwind

deserty portion of the SW portion of Merica
I had to get a new iPhone so now I have to try a new digital scoping set up. I like the whole magnetic thing seems pretty easy, I am leaning towards the mag view because Ollin doesn't have that many scope adapters for Zeiss

Has anyone tried both and found a clear winner?

They each have one thing that stands out as the primary downside….

Magview is difficult to align. Can you get good at it? Yes, but it is far from fool proof.

Ollin needs a separate case. It really isn't as big as I thought and I have left it on my phone and it isn't too cumbersome. It is dummy proof with no learning curve. That said, unless I am going to the range frequently or on a hunt, I take it off.

I bought the magview first last year and didn't like it so I sold it and got an Ollin and I have no regrets.

They each have one thing that stands out as the primary downside….

Magview is difficult to align. Can you get good at it? Yes, but it is far from fool proof.

Ollin needs a separate case. It really isn't as big as I thought and I have left it on my phone and it isn't too cumbersome. It is dummy proof with no learning curve. That said, unless I am going to the range frequently or on a hunt, I take it off.

I bought the magview first last year and didn't like it so I sold it and got an Ollin and I have no regrets.
thanks, the ollin does look dummy proof, which i need.

Ollin doesn't like zeiss for some reason but they do have an adaptor for my harpia 95. sadly, i prefer to take my old zeiss diascope 85 with me usually because i don't care what happens to it. the harpia is really expensive and new and i don't want to mess it up but it is a nice unit.

Recent Posts