Android Or Iphone

Well my iphone 4s came in but I traded it for the Droid Razor. It came down to me liking the bigger screen. The Razr when compared to my daughters iphone, the Razr loads apps a little quiker as well.

Not real crazy about battery life in either unit. If I leave the phone on for 8 hours it is pretty much dead. In the field, I can put it in airplane mode for better battery life. I also bought a chargable battery pack just in case I forget and leave it on.

My Kestrel 4500 NV works really good with shooter. The only thing I do not like about it is having to turn Bluetooth on everytime. Have not tried leaving them both on to see how much battery life is affected.

Overall, I like the phone and shooter app. I will still carry my Recon w/LB3.0 for a backup :D. Thanks for all the advise. I think I would have been happy with either phone.

I've been running an iPod touch for three years and an iPhone for one year with the bulletflight programs...I've had no issues with either one...I run my phone in a Seidio rubber armored case with the touch screen facing into the carrier...the outside is scratched up from belly crawling but the screen is perfect.

Spent 1000.00 last Saturday at Sprint. 3 iPhone 4s, 16 gig, 1 iPhone 4, 8 gig, and 1 HTC evo 3D.

I got iPhone again.

Finally decided to get a real phone :rolleyes:. Biggest reason for new phone is Ballistic software. Would like to try shooter ballistic software. Would be nice to have a backup for my Recon anyway.

I am told that I-phones are the best but the folks I have talked to mainly use there phones while driving around town:cool:. If I am going to "bite the bullet" would like to get the most rugged phone available. Also not sure how some phones work in cold conditions.

Anyway, I am sure you guys would know the best way to go. Thanks for looking.

I just posted about the free Lapua Android ballistics app available on their site for download. Check it out. I have android and have no desire for i-phone - too chic for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.