Madrone Burl 17 HMR

Joel Russo

Carved this one out of Madrone Burl for a good customer on CO. He took a new Browning Mini A-Bolt, had it re-barreled, then sent it to me for the stock build. Ended up laminating two bookmatched killer pieces of Madron Burl. It took a while to settle on the Madrone, but me thinks he made a good decision..
Hit it with some medium brown homemade stain to pull out the burl. Then finished with some tung oil, and rubbed it out to a nice satin finish.

Someday I'll buy a good camera....

gary2%202_zpsveldsgui.jpg

gary1_zps3zptqu6x.jpg

gary4_zpst1vcz3e7.jpg

gary3_zpssphxovod.jpg

IMG_1123_zps1qdqsk2c.jpg

My son bought me a good camera-didn't help, I still can't operate it. Picture looks great to me, some one is getting a great looking rifle!

Checkering? It don't need no stinkin checkering! LOL. Wow! That is truly a work of art. I have looked hard at it to see if I can find your lamination line; cannot do it! I agree with the owner, it's so beautiful now why mess with stippling or checkering?
Kudos to you, sir, on everything, and your choice of a satin oil finish is perfection!

Thank you sir.
I'm just about to split open a beautiful piece of Turkish walnut and glue up a piece of Gabon Ebony in the middle of it for the same customer. Building a 6x47 varmint rifle for those pesky coyotes.
I'll post up some pics shortly.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts