M700 Trigger Malfunction

Doesn't Remington say any mod. done to their weapon voids warranty, same as buying a new vehicle, can't tear into the engine, then take it back and say, it doesn't run like it should.lightbulb

Ummm... yea right.
5 lb trigger pulls are not compatible with accurate LR hunting/shooting.
gun)

These days, if you buy a Remington, better buy a new trigger too.

Oh, BTW - One of the first things I did to my 2008 Duramax was modify the exhaust system by deleting the DPF filter & Catalytic Convertor. Guess I was not to worried about that warranty either. Sure like the 18% increase in fuel mileage.

I am happy and never looked back - just like I will be with my new trigger. HA!
:D

Never trust a Remington trigger??? Now you sound like the CBS Expose. There was never a problem with factory adjusted Remington triggers. There's millions Model 700 triggers out there that don't have a problem. The problem is with the guns that some dink that didn't know what he was doing messing with the triggers. That or some gun hater or sue-happy lawyer trying to get a quick pay day. The end result is that we've lost a really good production trigger and ended up with a monkey proof substitute.

That's kinda funny as I well remember watching two or three malfunction right off the rack (brand new and unfired). This was at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood, Indiana. My 700 was the fourth out of that particular lot of six rifles. Mike Walker caught the problem early on, and he was the designer!

Now most folk's beef is not really with the rifle, but because Remington didn't take care of the problem. I never really had a hard gripe about Remington, other than some of their manufacturing processes left something to be desired. Looking at some of their newer rifles, they do look like they are little better. The only serious things I'd like to see changed are the safety, and make the short action about .150" longer.

gary

That's kinda funny as I well remember watching two or three malfunction right off the rack (brand new and unfired). This was at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood, Indiana. My 700 was the fourth out of that particular lot of six rifles. Mike Walker caught the problem early on, and he was the designer!

Now most folk's beef is not really with the rifle, but because Remington didn't take care of the problem. I never really had a hard gripe about Remington, other than some of their manufacturing processes left something to be desired. Looking at some of their newer rifles, they do look like they are little better. The only serious things I'd like to see changed are the safety, and make the short action about .150" longer.

gary

My experience is similar. Unaltered Remington trigger/safeties have failed. The degree to which the blame is shifted to consumer is a credit to their marketing branch.

Muzzle control is an absolute must anytime, but no matter where that round goes it's going to ruin your day.

I suspect it's something one has to see to believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.