M700 lss mods

grpolarbear

I just picked up a m700 lss in 300wm and was pondering where to start as far as the most beneficial mods would be.This is my first m700 so I would like to know what has produced positive results for some of you remington shooters.Thanks in advance for the info.

Pillars, bedding, free float the barrel, and adjust the trigger.

I had all of this done prior to pulling the trigger for the first time.

My buddy Eaglet did all the work for me.

i agree with geargrinder and i also have an LSS i did the same lapped the lugs pillar bedded the action, opened up the barrel channel and worked the trigger, went from a 2 inch group at a hundred to half an inch and spent less than a 80 bucks.

Yah, I had the same rifle in a 300 RUM that was ridiculously accurate for an out of the box rifle with nothing more then a trigger job. NO bedding, NO floating, NO lugs lapped, NO truing of the action. Just a trigger job, and some hand loads it liked, and it was a 1/2-3/4 MOA rifle out to 800 yards, and would ring a 15" gong at 1K very regularly.

Most rems will shoot at least 1 MOA with trigger job and fed what it likes, most will usually do much better then that.

If trigger job and reloads dont cut it, then maybe you can free float and bed it. If that dont work, your bout out of options. At least you'll have a decent action to screw on a custom barrel though!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts