M4 bottom metal trade out for aluminum light version?

redchinviking

So in my efforts to lighten up one of my hunting rifles I am looking to trade my badger m4 steel hinged floor plate out for a lighter weight aluminum version. The m4 was an unfinished steel version and is starting to mar/rust and my cerakote guy has a $50 min, which is close to half the cost of new bottom metal. Just curious if the Hawkins oberndorf version will do this seamlessly or if additional inletting will be required. I'm not seeing any listed weights but I'm curious what the differences might be and if it's worth it. Also I do have a wyatts extended box and am not sure if I will need to make adjustments for that as well. At this point I'm also trading out for a pound lighter scope and 3/4 pound lighter bipod (javelin) and have gotten this setup down by almost two lbs! What are some other options to accomplish this? Are there any trade offs in terms of quality/durability?

my current setup
300 RUM
Manners t5 elite
Proof research 26"
Badger M4 bdl with wyatts
Jewel
T3 terminator

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Redchinviking

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.