Bottom Metal

Thanks for the kind words guy!

With that setup you can go with either our Oberndorf or the M5 Oberndorf. Both have options for the extended Wyatt boxes. Our Oberndorf bottom metal is about 2oz lighter, but it's not as modular as our M5 Oberndorf, which is cut for M5 inlets. The M5 Oberndorf has a little thicker floorplate to help relieve follow spring pressure for larger cases like 300RUM for better feeding.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the great explanation. I will definitely consider an M5 Oberndorf BDL style for my next build. Gives multiple options. Great idea!

Hey guys this is Nick by the way!

Our goal is to make products that serve the vast majority of the rifles and stocks on the market. We field a lot of questions and ideas, and I always note what we hear to make our products better. This is the first time I've been asked this, I'll take it to the team. Thanks

Hey guys this is Nick by the way!

Our goal is to make products that serve the vast majority of the rifles and stocks on the market. We field a lot of questions and ideas, and I always note what we hear to make our products better. This is the first time I've been asked this, I'll take it to the team. Thanks
Good to hear from you Nick. Did AG Composites contact you about making their stock for me and your M5 Oberndorf BM? McMillan said no problem, but 5-6 months out. Manners said no problem, but 9 months out. Have a great day.

Another for Hawkins. I just purchased a lightweight Hawkins BDL and it is very impressive. Really a quality product. I compared it to a Sunny Hill BDL. The Hawkins was about 1/3 the price and exudes quality.

Good to hear from you Nick. Did AG Composites contact you about making their stock for me and your M5 Oberndorf BM? McMillan said no problem, but 5-6 months out. Manners said no problem, but 9 months out. Have a great day.

I haven't heard from them directly, but we've been all working from home the last two weeks. They may have contacted the shop as well. A Hawkins M5 DBM inlet will work for M5 Oberndorf as well.

I have a Hawkins BDL floorplate I'm not using if you're interested. Definitely great quality and only weighs 3oz or so.

Edd - Generally it's easier to make bottom metals for a standard inlet given the different shapes of all the choices in stocks. I hope that helps.

At this time there's no immediate plans on making a XM M5 Oberndorf. We have seen there's a spot for it in the market though and it's on our radar.

Can you hurry up?;) Manners got crossed up on my bottom metal. Ended up with M5 inlet and a standard Oberndorf bottom metal.

The AnTi will use the same prefit barrels as the Tenacity

Just an FYI. This is what defiance said about the prefits back in February.

1C3FF1FA-72B8-457E-8EF5-BBB672591014.png

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.