Luepold Custom BDC dials and/or Recticles

BrandonA

Who uses them, and giving them only the ballistics info other then if you were to do actual measured out bullet drops off your target at the different distances.. How accurate are they in comparison to the marks? I'm interested in picking some up but not sure if it will end up being a waste of money. And if anyone has gotten them how long does it usually take them? Same goes for the custom recticle... Thanks in advance!

While I am sure Leups would be the best BDC dails and reticles in the business the only catch is that they can vary depending on your conditions. Altitude, temp, baro, etc can all play havoc unless the system you are using can be altered with the conditions.

If you are just shooting out to 400-500yds then i think you will be fine with either of the systems. any farther and you would be ahead to go with target turrets and learn your velocities in different temps. Altitude can affect bullet flight substantially so a fixed compensation system configured for a different altitude may present diffuclty unless you know ahead of time how to compensate.

Leup will have a great turn around time so dont sweat that.

Good luck
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.