??Luepold Bullet Drop Turrets??

Dust270WSM

I plan on having them put on my Vari-X III if they are all they are cracked up to be. Nowing Leupolds quality I would say they are. I was just wanting to now if anyone has tried them.

Dust270wsm, I have never used them but since know one has replied to your post I thought I might chime in:) I was considering going the same route with my 6.5x20x50 leupold (but) the more I read about atmospheric conditions temp. humidity elevation exc. exc. the more I realized a one turret for all conditions was impossible, in my opinion I decided to go with the nightforce pocket pc coftware and kestrel weather meter route insted and it is deadly accurate . just my .02 good luck with your turrets let us know how they work when you get them.

bigbuck

I have a mark 2 on my 300wsm. Called leupold, gave them my data and $60. Two weeks later I received my elevation turrent. I have since tested it at most all ranges between 300 and 1000yds. It was dead nuts on the money at all ranges I shot. It is very liberating. For several years I have been using ballistic plexes of some sort or another and burned up a lot of ammo finding the best compromise setting. The precison of a lazer engraved elevation turrent is the way to go hands down. My buddy did the same on his 300 ultra mag about a year and a half ago. Last November I watched him drop his bull elk at 642 yds. X-ringed him. If you don't have target turrents on your scope you have to send it in to have them installed. It ups the cost to about $130. I received excellent service and advice as usual with leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.