LTR or XCR Compact .223

All depends on what's important to you. They are both very similar guns. The XCR has a better finish and trigger. I don't know enough about the LTR stock, but the XCR wears a Bell and Carlson. Beyond that, I'm fairly sure they are the same.

If you decide to go with the XCR Compact give me a shout.

Good luck.

I have a LTR .223 and they have HS Precision stocks with no palm swell and wider forend. I believe it's the same stock the the police version has but I'm just not sure what they call that model, PSS maybe.

MY LTR came with the old style stigger and it is easily the best factory trigger I have ever had in a gun and it came that way out of the box. Always wanting more, or in this case less, I took it to have the trigger worked over and lightened up and after test firing it a couple times he handed it back to me and said it was about as good as a factory trigger is going to get. Certainly had to appreciate the "smiths" honesty.

One of my best friends has the xcr tactical in .223 and it's a nice little shooter as well. You can't go wrong with either that's for sure

Would you guys consider the Savage Precison Carbine instead of the Remingtons? It also has the 1 in 9 twist to shoot the heaver bullets. Might not be as easy on the eyes but it should shoot.

Nothing wrong with Savage. Had a 10FP many years ago with a Sharp Shooter trigger. It was a 1/2 moa gun. The options and price are close to the LTR.

Again, the biggest difference with the XCR is the finish and trigger. If those options are not that important, your better off with either the LTR or PC. Both will be less expensive than the XCR. Yet, either should be less than a MOA shooter.

It's hard making a choice these days. We are fortunate enough to have lots of quality guns available to us. When I was growing up one of the best 1911's was a Colt Gold Cup, so I bought one. Next up was a Colt Python. Today, there are tons of great 1911's, ect. You need to get started somewhere. Flip a coin between any of the 3 you mentioned and I'm sure you'll be happy with what you end up with. However, you'll always be left wanting the ones you didn't choose. :D

Just recently picked up an xcr compact tactical in 223 cal. After testing some loads, I wish I had bought one sooner. Started with a 55 gr nosler bt, and 25 gr of h335. This produced a 3 shot .357" group at 100 yards. Got a .791" group at 200 yards with the same load. Also shot a 69 gr sierra htbt with Varget and h335 and got 100 yard groups in the .4" groups.
Plan on adjusting the trigger this week, seems heavy but crisp. This the first time I used a 40x trigger. Thought I would share my experiences since I myself had a hard time finding info on this gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.