Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical

outwest1

anyone have one in 223 + how does it shoot. I'm thinking about one for coyotes + groundhogs with 50 grain BT's. it comes in 1-9 twist is that right for that size bullet +what do you think of the 40x trigger.

lightbulb

Have you checked out the new Remington R-15 VTR Carbine CS? It comes in .223 and would be great for gophers and coyotes, etc. Think the mags are some what restricted, but just food for thought :rolleyes:

.... just wish you could get the collapsable stock in Canada!! **** gun laws.

1:9 should be good for up-to 69gr or so. Slower would be more optimal for 50gr, but it should shoot the lighter bullets pretty well also.

I have the LTR wich is pretty close to the exact same thing and have shot 69-40's. Surprisingly enough it shot everything well.

I thought maybe the 1-9 would be a bit fast for the 40's but I shot my best groups with 40gr. Blitzkings and a little over 27grains of Benchmark. Shot some sage rats with that load the other day and all I can say is POOF!

For me the closer range, 200yds or less, stuff I really like the 40's. They flat blow stuff up. Out past 200 the 52-60 bullets would be a better choice. The 69's shoot great but I only shoot steel targets and stuff with those. They aren't much fun on critters.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.