• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

LRI 257 Weatherby Mag Custom Build

deerhunter5555

For sale, no trades at this time. Reason for the sale...consolidation of calibers.
This build was a full custom build from Long Rifles Inc. (Chad Dixon) out of Sturgis, SD. I completed it some years ago wanting the ultimate long range laser for antelope, mule deer and such on the prairie. This rifle was built for balance and carry. Anyone familiar with Chad Dixon, knows that he is an absolute perfectionist and a master in a machine shop. This rifle is brand new in every way and I have not fired one round. The build is absolute perfection and accomplished everything I set out to. Fit and finish, attention to detail is flawless.
I have about $3500 invested in this build.(In 2014 money) My loss is your gain. It would cost significantly more today to have Chad build this rifle.

The Build

Remington 700 ADL action- Tier One Blueprinting/Accurizing Package as described in link
https://www.longriflesinc.com/products/copy-of-gunsmithing-services-tier-1-m700-receiver-accurizing

Barrel- Lilja Stainless Steel, 1:10 Twist, Cut at 24"

Recoil Lug- LRI Recoil Lug, Indexed

Bolt- Factory 700 Bolt, Tactical Knob

Rings/Bases- Talley Lightweight, 8-40 Base screws, 1"

Stock- McMillan Hunter Stock, Edge Fill, 13.5" L.O.P, 1/2' Pachmayr Pad, Olive Green/ Black Webbing Cerakote
Pillar bedded to perfection as described in link below.
https://www.longriflesinc.com/collections/gunsmithing-services/products/gunsmithing-services

Coating- All Metal Cerakoted Graphite Black

Weight- 7lbs 5 Oz (Including Rings/Bases, No scope)

Balance- Front Action Screw

Price/Terms
$2000 Shipped to FFL from Individual
Cash, Check or USPS M.O.
Insurance on your dime.
3-day non-firing inspection. Send it back before transfer if not 100% satisfied. No disappointments!
First "I'll take it.."
I can text pics to you.