LRH Special in 7RM

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Is having a more square angle at (N) than a radius (rounded) more of a norm or just not good in the throat/lead? I'm thinking about flow of gas/pressure transition into the barrel. What is the angle of the groove/land from the throat. I think my pt&g uni-throater is at 1.5*?

Is having a more square angle at (N) than a radius (rounded) more of a norm or just not good in the throat/lead? I'm thinking about flow of gas/pressure transition into the barrel. What is the angle of the groove/land from the throat. I think my pt&g uni-throater is at 1.5*?

I look at the 45 degree transition as a wall. I chased a Wylde chamber with my 10 degree "N" reamer. He claimed he gained close to 50 fps. I wasn't there to witness the testing after he received the barrel. I trust his word.

All my reamers are 1 degree 30 at the tip.

Check out Manson's 308 T30, 30 degree transition as opposed to 45. Seems like he and I were playing around with the same concept about the same time.

Last edited:
Like all your rifles, I had no doubt the accuracy. Glad you got to take it for a short spin. Once you get a favorite load established, it will be time to get it out for some elk hunting.

Like all your rifles, I had no doubt the accuracy. Glad you got to take it for a short spin. Once you get a favorite load established, it will be time to get it out for some elk hunting.

Might be awhile before I do any load work. I have a bag of ADG, but will sideline them. I just ordered 3 boxes of Peterson 7RM Long. Based on my experience on their 300WM long, I just like them.

Might be awhile before I do any load work. I have a bag of ADG, but will sideline them. I just ordered 3 boxes of Peterson 7RM Long. Based on my experience on their 300WM long, I just like them.
With the "long" brass do you chamber to match or just trim as needed?

My 300WM reamer is almost a perfect match for the 300WM long. It is a modified A191 reamer. You can discern which is which by looking at the area forward of the belt. One is fired, the other a virgin brass. The load is not slouch, 215 Hybrids 2385 at 500 yards recorded by Shotmarker

20230828_145440.jpg
20230828_145515.jpg
20230828_145721.jpg
20230828_145812.jpg

I thought they just have the shoulder out a bit farther to reduce case stretch. I don't think they are longer by length, just have the shoulder out farther to fit the chamber better. I'd see how they fit your chamber and then decide.

I thought they just have the shoulder out a bit farther to reduce case stretch. I don't think they are longer by length, just have the shoulder out farther to fit the chamber better. I'd see how they fit your chamber and then decide.
Virgin brass length is just below what most people consider trim length of 2.610 to be the norm.

Recent Posts