LR range near Crystal River, FL

I'm on leave so I went home to Tampa last week and drove down to the above range. I was able to shoot for free since i'm active duty. The staff ,shooters and overall atmosphere was very friendly, and I had a very good time. The range goes out to 1000yds with steel at 565yds, being what the locals said where 4 or 5 inch swingers, a YKD tgt past 700yds, and swingers at 1000yds ranging from what ATB 3 inches to 10 inches. The range is surrounded by birms and at 1000yds makes calling wind very interesting. I went on a Thursday and I would say there were about 15 people there. Shooting periods were about 30min with a 10 min break. They also had a little golf cart to go to the longer ranges to set up paper tgts, which is a plus. The shooting *** is a concrete slab covered by a awning approx 75yds long, with concrete shooting benches that can be used by either left or right handed shooters. If i ever moved back home I would be making a trip there pretty often. If you are married and just like nature intended your wife pitches a fit everytime you want go shoot, there is hope. Let it be known that there is a big brand name outlet mall about 15-20 min from this range. You drop her off and go shot, everyone is happy. It may cost you a little money doing it this way but your sanity is worth it. Bottom line I had a good day of shooting and if you are in the area I would say give this place a try and see how you like. Hope this was helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.