***LR get together PRICING***

No prob CJ, let me know
grin.gif
wink.gif

actually probably wont make it because of a new job, but we'll see.
frown.gif

JB

OK...

if we go Earlier in Aug. ( I forgot you "easterners hunt alot of archery" )we will have to drive to another area ( state, BLM land )to do this. It is a new area I found that is more accessable than the area CJ and I were shooting 1K PD's at.
It is about a 45 min drive and we'd leave early everyday ( to beat alot of mirage ), and have Coffee and donuts/pastries on the run, and I would pack lunches and stuff to make up the difference in price.

Old Fart, How big is the trailer? I have an elec. hookup for RV's but very limited space. Not sure what I'd charge for electric.... I'd have to charge ya somthhin' $15 a day...??

Aug 13-15 works for me.... if everyone is alright with the above scenerio... I would need some drivers ( CJ has a 'burban) I have a 4 door dually and we can place alot of equipment in my stock trailer. I might need another driver or 2 to "haul shooters"

Thoughts???

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Ric

I have a Yukon (actually it's Cheryl's but she lets me drive it sometimes). If the terrain is rough I'll need to bring my Chev 2500 pickup as the Yukon is a "nice road only (I told you it was Cheryl's)" vehicle. The pickup is a standard cab but it'll have a topper and I can haul stuff.

August 13-14-15 is good, I'll chat at the show about the rest of the days we'll stay.

I gotta get some steel and get it cut (plasma cut). How many boolets? I just got 3000 Fed GMM for my 308, I'll need some for my 223, 338 Lapua and the 300 WSM I might see "someday".

Dave King

Dave if this new area works out it is easily accessable and the "off road" portion is a 2 track and dust would be your only worry ( we can hose it down befor we get back to the ranch
wink.gif
)

3000 rounds .. wow I need to get after some reloading! looks like I need to start now...

I personally don't plan to shoot more than a few hundred rounds from my rifles.. I can do this anytime.. alot of guys can't so I will gracelfully bow out and let you guys yank your triggers!! I'll just watch and heckle you guys maybe initiate some small betting.. like he who looses washes your Yukon before we get back to the ranch!!!
grin.gif

Sounds good Ric--
My dad's the one who mentioned the Archery thing, he said it opens Sept 1st there ...
I am going to fly in for the get together and leave my Suburban at home, but I'll still have either my mom's Suburban or my dad's Dodge dually for transportation duties, depending on whether we need top haul people or stuff...My dad is planning to join us, so I know we'll have his truck. If we need the burban, I'll rent my mom a car for the weekend so we can use her's. Let me know when the date is set, so I can get my tickets...

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Ink me in for a room but if you run short camping works
wink.gif
I'll already have the Wild,benches in the truck and will have plenty of room to haul more if needed.

Ric,

Mark me down as well.

I just worked out a deal with my wife. I have to go to you your "Shooting thing" While she gets to go to our Niece's wedding. Maybe if we burn enough gunpowder, I'll get over my loss.
wink.gif

Wayne and I will share a ride up from the South.

Tim

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited by: Tim Behle ]

I will have to talk to my partner, the Lizard-Rancher, before knowing for sure what in hell we are doing at that time. He will probably be able to get out of jail for a few days about then
wink.gif

Dave, 3000 rounds ought to be about right for some quality practice time on my electronic moving target system!
wink.gif
What about some ammo for shooting steel???

Have no idea how much of a pain in the *** this could become for us to get our rifles and toys down there
frown.gif
Wouldn't be the first time we traveled heavy.

Whisper,

Cards on the table here!

I'll be there regardless of the date and take "the one that sleeps 2 ( bedroom 1 = 1Q, Bedroom 2 = 1 Q )
$220.00 plus 9% lodging and sales tax"
if still available.

Besides the aforementioned stuff I will bring many new bowling pins.

I still hope to avoid the drive by myself if you find someone else coming from the east.

See you in Harrisburg.

I am definitly leaning towards the second weekend in Aug. Seems that may be more feasable for everyone... it will be a little warm though...
it will be early mornings at first light ( 5:00 am or so.. ( will feel like 7 a.m. for you easterners.) so we can stretch the big boomers beyond the 1K 1.5K and 2K distances... We should be able to manage teh 1K and under the rest of the day..

Ian,
I bet if you're bringing all the "toys" we could start a "kitty" for your efforts. I for one would be more than willing to anty up fo the use of your moving system.

I have a few people saying they can bring steel so your load may be lighter....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.