Low light deer

Roe

Not sure how common low light shooting is with you guys, but for me it is the most productive (and difficult to film) period. Simply cannot skimp on optical quality for this kind of LR hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Low light??

Hmmm....got a buddy that was trying to convince a friend of his why his friend needed a LR rifle! Guy replied...."I don't need a LR rifle; my headlights won't shine but 75 yards!"

Low light is the rule for game especially where they have any pressure at all. Most of the big old monsters are primarily noctournal so your best odds of finding them other than busting them out of cover or their beds is usually that last 10-15 minutes of light in the morning or early morning twilight.

For that reason I have good glass and 50mm or larger objectives on all of my scopes.

If you can't see better with your scope than without in any light conditions you need better glass and/or bigger objectives.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.