• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lots of primers & powder

Please let us all know where these downward movement prices may be happening....😆😆😆😆
Dang.......that is a 1396% price increase over the Remington 9 1/2 M's that I posted. The raw material suppliers, primer manufacturers, distributors and retailers seem to all be taking their fair share which drives prices up. Limited supply and high demand also drives prices up in a free-market economy. Limited supply and high prices for primers must be impacting the retailers and LGS the most since I, for one, have reduced my expenditures on the shooting sports because of this phenomena. I usually purchase a new rifle every year but none since 2019.....along with brass, powder, bullets, dies, accessories, clothing, etc. If this overall trend continues, I would expect a number of smaller manufacturers that produce some of the best specialty products for benchrest and long range will either sell or be forced to close their business. Seems like there is plenty of .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, .308 Win and 9MM commercial ammo, but this is usually of lesser quality than what I can do reloading and is in calibers that rarely shoot. OK......time to get off my soap box. Maybe 2023 will be a better year.

How's hogdon gonna go on the downward cost trend when they are now charging what Larry is for their powder? Larry gotta make his money, hogdon gonna make their money too....what's the tradeoff? No downward movement to the consumer. Upward mobility to the manufacturer and distributor. I like optimism but I'm a realist. Remember when they couldn't give diesel away....still waiting for the downward movement people been talking about there for the last 20 years. . . .

Hopefully next election and whomever ends up in office is more pro gunner friendly. Also pro business, prosperity, etc etc. Other than mega wealthy about everyone else in this country could use a break !

How's hogdon gonna go on the downward cost trend when they are now charging what Larry is for their powder? Larry gotta make his money, hogdon gonna make their money too....what's the tradeoff? No downward movement to the consumer. Upward mobility to the manufacturer and distributor. I like optimism but I'm a realist. Remember when they couldn't give diesel away....still waiting for the downward movement people been talking about there for the last 20 years. . . .
Consumer sets the price they pay. You shift the demand line, they will rebalance to a higher price. The problem is we have some folks breaking down on holding the demand line.

Consumer sets the price they pay. You shift the demand line, they will rebalance to a higher price. The problem is we have some folks breaking down on holding the demand line.
That's subjective. If you don't like the price you move on. The seller sets the price the consumer pays what it's worth to them. The problem is it's worth what the price is to people because it's now an artificial market. And the sellers know it.

Last edited:
I would argue we've traded our work and our resources away to easily creating a disparity of wealth between those who create and those who skim….