lots of interst, lots to trade

grit

I'll just make a list of some interests and some things I could trade.

THINGS TO TRADE:
Teaching: Long range archery or rifle, elk calling, predator calling, horsemanship, horse packing, horse training, horse shoeing,

Services: Hunt filming, Guiding ( I'm familiar with some great deer and elk areas in Utah and Colorado), horse packing, spike camp / drop camp, game recovery, construction services.

Stuff: Rustic furniture, custom packsaddles

STUFF I'D LIKE TO HUNT: Bighorn sheep, black bear, cougar, elk, antelope, mulies, whitetail......

Grit, how hard is it to draw tags in Utah for your guided hunting spots for Muleys?

Last edited:
Magic,

First, I want to clarify that I am not a quide. Just do a lot of hunting, am outfitted well, and have some good experience.

Utah deer tags:
1. In Utah one must choose a single limited entry specie to apply for each year (elk, deer, or antelope). I choose to put in for elk each year.

2. Limited entry tags take ten years or more for residents to draw. I don't know draw odds for non residents. My personal favorite is the Henry's.

3. I hunt the dedicated hunter program. This allows me to hunt deer during the archery, muzzleloader, and rifle general seasons.

4. I am familiar with some great areas in the central and southern general season areas.

5. The draw is in january-february. I believe you would draw a tag the first or second year.

6. There are probably left over archery tags. If you archery hunt, I much prefer the archery hunt. The tags are statewide, the season is long, and there are a lot more deer out.

Grit,
I am a sucker for archery mulies. I have super whitetail in central Illinois. The area my land is located is managed for large mature bucks. The land owners here are dedicated to large deer. I also have a world class area in eastern Colorado for prairie puppies. Bring extra barrels. Please contact if you have any interst. You can email me, Bob at [email protected]

Last edited:
Bob,
I see I missed this by a month. These threads need something to notify you if you get a response. Let's talk.

These threads need something to notify you if you get a response

Well, actually there is such a feature but you had it disabled in your User Control Panel. I fixed it for you so you will now automatically be notified by email whenever a reply is made to a thread where you have previously posted.

Howdy Grit,
I would love to learn some horsemanship & packing techniques. I live near Helena MT & always travel back & forth to CA so maybe we can hook up sometime along I-15 to see what we can do for each other. Just PM me. Blessings
MW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.