Lost my Land:(

DoneNOut

I had a HONEY Hole of a whitetail property. 40 acres with two ridges and creek flats between them. Transition property between two very large leases. No point in trail cams, opening season you could see a candlestick chandelier walking through, or 30 doe in a heard. In the past 10yrs I can only recall twice when I didn't at least get to watch deer. Every single hunt I was grateful for this spot. Friend of mine in his 70s a snowbird. So, I would watch the place and hunt when he was in FL.

I got the, "My son and grandson are gonna hunt next year" text. Daggum I knew the day would come, but also knew it would really suck. Previous property to this place I hunted for a decade too, so that got me schooled to cherish every hunt at a place. Welp, don't feel too sorry for me. I still got TX & MO hogs, and fairly unlimited ground to hunt yotes.

Sorry to hear your honey hole is no longer available to you. Besides bow hunting in my back yard I am now relegated to hunting public land. I was fortunate in younger years to have access to a 400 acre wooded piece of land for 18 years. Lost that when my buddy sold it. I was stupid not to purchase land decades ago. Most of property in my area is priced beyond what would be realistic for a hunting property. It's more difficult to find quality deer on public land, but that's not going to stop me from trying.

I've been down this road a few times and it sux when it happens.
I have 6 properties that I have permission to deer hunt ranging from 20 acres up to 300 but I learned to never be complacent and always look for one more.
Keep looking and you will find something!
I got a 170 acre place I can hunt with friends. This place was all to myself though. That was nice.

My 2 brothers and I were left with the family farm assets which included my grandmother's and great aunt's homes in town. We decided to sell them and buy 162 acres bordering the Poteau river in OK for farm income (hay) and for hunting. Now my children and grandchildren will have deer hunting property for generations to come. Once town in Nebraska grows around 2 corn fields we own there, it will be time to sell and find even more OK property....

But yeah, I know about losing hunting spots. The lease we've had in NE for the past 3 years probably has a shelf life.....

I had access to several thousand acres of prime farmland in PA. There were enough deer, bears, turkey and groundhogs there to keep me busy all year long. The farm was owned by my buddy's extended family and they let very few people hunt there. Unfortunately, as the two brothers (owners) who ran the dairy farm aged they eventually stopped all farming. They tried to sell off the farm but couldn't find a buyer.

In an effort to keep some revenue coming in, they leased the entire place to a local hunting club. Lost the best place I ever had but was just grateful for the opportunity to hunt there for 25 years.

My 2 brothers and I were left with the family farm assets which included my grandmother's and great aunt's homes in town. We decided to sell them and buy 162 acres bordering the Poteau river in OK for farm income (hay) and for hunting. Now my children and grandchildren will have deer hunting property for generations to come. Once town in Nebraska grows around 2 corn fields we own there, it will be time to sell and find even more OK property....

But yeah, I know about losing hunting spots. The lease we've had in NE for the past 3 years probably has a shelf life.....

SE Oklahoma? Good luck

SE Oklahoma? Good luck
After filling tags in NE, we went south to OK for our first time deer hunting in that state. Certainly warmer than NE was!

Two of us bought permits and we both got a buck. Left them hang overnight and then deboned them in the morning. Put them in coolers and brought them back to CA. Son did his to jerky and I made breakfast sausage out of mine.

Those OK deer are certainly smaller bodied. The small body throws off the proportions so it made the antlers seem way bigger on the trail cam pics we were seeing. Super happy with being able to hunt our own property for the first time.