looking for value of my rifle

phpd1295

I own a remington 700 vls .308 that I can't find any information on. The remington site shows the 700 vls in .308 but only in blue steel. I have the rifle in stainless. I even entered the order number of 27465 in the search bar and it returns with no results. I have the booklet that came with it and it says 2002 limited run. The action and barrel are stainless. The barrel is a heavy bull barrel 26" and the shell capacity is 5. The current price for the blue model is $1,056 but there is no reference to this particular stainless model. Can anyone help? If this is in the wrong thread then please let me know so I can move it.
Thank you.
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_3593.JPG

That's a rare one I haven't seen in quite some time. Beautiful rifle, by the way!

I sold guns at a local gun store around that time frame... I special ordered my Sendero SF 7mm STW immediately when I heard Remington had discontinued them. The rep called, and said they were all gone, but he talked them into building me one more, and then only charging us for the regular MSRP. The perks of working in a gun store where the reps stop by all the time, you get to be friends with them and they can help you out when you need it. :D

We sold a couple of those stainless VLS rifles back then, but they were few and far between. I wish I could give you more info about them, but what you know about it, is about all I know about it. I don't even know where to begin to give out a value.

I would say it's worth keeping. My friend has, I believe, the same rifle in 22-250, and it is a wonderful shooter, I love that gun. But his is blued. Wish we could be more help!! You could always try calling Remington directly to get more info and possibly an MSRP.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts