Looking for "TALL" (thick? high?) rail

JimD

Hey everybody.

I can, and will if asked, go into the backstory behind this whole search, but it's a bit of a story.
Thought I would just go to the crux of it all and maybe save time and avoid irrelevancies.

I'm looking for a
- Remington 700
- zero m.o.a./cant
- one piece picatinny/Weaver rail/base
- that sits UP higher/taller than normal
i.e., regular picatinny/weaver slots, but the slots themselves built on a taller/higher slug of steel below

HOW "tall" a base/rail am I after?
I don't have a spec.
I can say that I do have a Valdada 1913 two piece base pair,
that are visibly "taller" than your normal bases or rail.
It is not high enough though for what I'm trying to do.
What I need is, I'll say, about that much taller again but not getting crazy tall.

Any ideas GREATLY appreciated.

JimD

It's difficult for anyone to give you a recommendation, or offer to make the rail you want without you being specific on the height of rail you need.

Can you not just use taller rings?
Or a normal Picatinny rail with risers then rings?
Or some sort of higher 1 piece mount on the Picatinny rail like a Spuhr or Burris PEPR?
Without knowing what you are trying to accomplish, those are about the only suggestions I have right now.
A78D_1_20160519569066786.jpg
Tactical-1-2inch-Half-Inch-Mini-Riser-Block-Mount-For-Picatinny-Rails-With-Quick-Detach-QD.jpg
235067_ts.jpg

I can't really add anything to my OP.
I'm looking for a taller/higher rail.
Not taller rings.
Not a rail riser.
Etc.
I do thank everybody, though, for your efforts and posts,
But the good news is, I have gotten leads from elsewhere that have solved my problem.
Seems there's guys with computer controlled milling machines
that can whup out whatever you want, custom, eazy-peazy-lemon-squeezy.
Who knew?

Carry on. :salute:

I just received a couple of the, almost impossible to find, Burris Signature PEPR mounts for scope mounts. They're great for an AR but I somehow screwed up and bought the 34mm scope tube versions so although I can use one of them I'd be willing to part with the other. I'll post them for sale in the classified section later today or tomorrow.

I just received a couple of the, almost impossible to find, Burris Signature PEPR mounts for scope mounts. They're great for an AR but I somehow screwed up and bought the 34mm scope tube versions so although I can use one of them I'd be willing to part with the other. I'll post them for sale in the classified section later today or tomorrow.

Photo maybe? What is "PEPR?" Never heard of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.