Looking for Sako m995 TRG-S information

Fire306

I added another Sako to my collection recently, hopefully I will have it in my hands by next weekend.
It is a Sako M995 in 7mm STW. I have several other Sako's and am fairly familiar with them, but the m995 is new to me, and I don't know too much about them.
I looking for any information on them. I believe they all have the black synthetic stock, and this one has a 26" blued barrel with a brake.
From what I read, they are based on the TRG rifles. Are there interchangeable parts with the TRG rifles?
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I dont know about changeable parts. I doubt it. I have the exact same gun. Yours sounds stock except for the brake. They did not come with brakes and it wasn't an option. The stocks are not easily replaced as the stock itself has parts molded into it that the gun needs. There are a few replacements stocks out there but they cost dang near as much as the gun itself. I sanded my stock, primed it, painted it with fleckstone, then cleared over that to give it a textured finish. Turned out very nice. I found the stock to be VERY slippery when in snow and even worse with gloves on. That fixed that. Your gun has a 1:9.5" twist rate incase you didn't know. The clip is a bit short so it is very hard to shoot any of the VLD type bullets and get the accuracy you might want unless you load it single shot which I refuse to. The butt pad sucks and I recommend changing it out. Other than that, if properly cared for, the thing should be a tack driver for ya. I absolutely love mine.

I dont know about changeable parts. I doubt it. I have the exact same gun. Yours sounds stock except for the brake. They did not come with brakes and it wasn't an option.

I have been reading what I can find on TRGs, Sakocollectors.com I found a few guys saying that a few magnum models were built with factory brakes. Could anyone confirm if that may be true?

I have one I purchases new in 30-378 wby, it did not have a brake and I did not shoot it until I put one on it. They seem to be solid rifles and the accuracy on mine is M.O.A. with factory 165 ballistic tips and the Barnes 180 X.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.