looking for reloading help.

garye

gun)I'm from Mentor, Ohio. I enjoy long distance shooting with my .204 NEF rifle. It is a very good shooter. I use factory ammo at this time. I just received reloading dies for it. lightbulb Anyone out there got any good formulas for this caliber? Would appreciate any help that can be given.
Thanks ahead of time.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. I don't own or reload for that round but I'm sure others will comment with some info or you can possibly do a search here. Enjoy.

Great place to hunt, enjoy your good fortune. I am a long time reloader and suspect that I and others like me could be of help with some of the trickier aspects of reloading. With regard to load data, there is a ton of that stuff available on the web. Use it at your own risk. A good bit of it is valuable personal use information. Some of it is dangerous crap!

I would suggest getting a reload manual from one of the major gunpowder mfg.s.

Find out the top two or three powders that other folks using in rifles like yours. Then get started doing some load development. Narrow it down to the powder your rifle likes best and then start learning how far out to seat your bullets and the most accurate amount of that particular type of powder.

There are dozens of other aspects of reloading that affect accuracy. Many of these are discussed at length on the web. Read and learn!

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.