Looking for options for a barrel block bedding system.

Troy,

A friend just built a 408 C-T on an 8.5" BAT. His barrel is 1.25 for about 5" and then a straight taper to 1 1/8" at 32". I didn't weigh it before he took it to his gunsmith but would guess it at about 10-11#.
Lilja mounted a 1.45 straight barrel, 42" long on a Geske and it has 1 1/8 X 16 threads, maybe 1 1/4" deep. www.riflebarrels.com and look at Dan's articles for details.

Jay

Fiftydriver I think it was $1150 I have 2 bolts and 2 barrels for it 338 yogi and 6.5/284 and another barrel in the works bolts are around $500 complete.
Crow Mag

308 Nate,
What stock is that on your rifle? I built one that looks very much like yours with a laminated Black walnut blank that a friend of minr=e glued up for me.I used a 6" block just like the one in the pic. 6.5-284,31"shilen barrel,Remington short action.
smile.gif

hey JR,
I don't have a website but if you are interested in these barrel blocks let me know and I will e-mail you my phone# off list.I can also do a quantity discount.

Drilling and reaming the hole takes about 1/2 hr. then 3 sides of the block are machined to 1/4" thickness and the bottom side is 1/2" thick. Then all bolt holes are drilled and tapped then the bottom is slotted. The hole the barrel goes through is drilled and reamed with a 10 hp.drill press with power everything.It really makes the job easy.
everything else is done in a bridgeport mill.

riflecountry,
The stock is made by Elkridge stocks.unfinished but inletted for most actions. laminated stocks start at $180
but a heck of a long waiting period.I waited 4 months for this one!
smile.gif

P.S. JR.. Just moved here from SD two years ago. got nothin'against south Dakotans,Great place, great people
grin.gif

I was ranch foreman west of Mobridge for 8 years.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.