Looking for hunting property

I'm looking for some land in California to lease for hog hunting...

Hunting leases are pretty hard to find in California. There are a couple of "clubs" that lease multiple properties for members (Wilderness Unlimited, Golden Ram); you will find mixed reviews for those. They aren't like having private property that no one else is hunting on, but they are a big step up from public land (but also come with extra rules & restrictions). What part of California are you interested in?

Ya I figured this and ya I'm currently a member of golden ram and not sure how I felt about it yet I feel as if I can get away from people a little easer on public land. As far as what county or anything I'm not really to concerned I'm in sf where ther is not much hunting anyways so driven a few hours is the norm but ya if u have any land anywhere that would be sweet and also 99% of my hunting is with a bow so I don't need much

I hear Lake Shasta has several hogs on public land. But you need to be able to hike way back in there, away from people and roads to get to them. I'm a big bowhunter as well and I'm just north of Sac. I too am looking for a good place to find a hog or two. The problem with California is everyone wants money for you to access their land and kill the hogs that are destroying their property. I don't mind paying a little, but $500 - $600 to go shoot a pig that is tearing up the vineyards and orchards? That's a little steep. From what I'm told, you can find hogs on public land but you have to do a lot of walking and glassing to find them.

You can get land for lease to hunt with the help of any property management company. There are many companies which deal in land property as well as commercial properties but if you want to get a land for lease then can get help of our company, the best in property management.

Ca hunter: try hunttejon.com for socal hunts. I am a member of a lease with a lot of pigs on it. kinda exensive, but ??? Chas

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 130
I am familiar with the pig situation between Sacramento and Chico. I know the pigs are a huge problem for ranchers and agricultural property owners. A lot of land owners around 1000' elevation mark between auburn and Lincoln Ca. are actually counting on county trappers to thin em out. The spenseville wild life area is currently open to hunting. Takes a bit of leg work, but pigs can be found in this area too. It never hurts to ask private property owners for permission.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.